The TopYa! app and its policies fully comply with the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA). Some important aspects of TopYa! relative to COPPA:
- TopYa! does not provide information from children users to third parties.
- TopYa! requires parental consent for children under 13 to use any social or sharing features of the apps.
- A parent that has consented for their child to use TopYa! may at any time revoke his or her consent and deactivate their child’s account.
In addition to following COPPA requirements, TopYa! takes extra measures to ensure a safe and appropriate experience for children:
- Every video submitted to the TopYa! apps is screened before it can be seen by other users to ensure that it is sports/activity related content with appropriate language, dress, etc.
- The TopYa! apps do not now allow users to post comments; therefore, eliminating the opportunity for bullying, etc.
- Parents have the ability to control features such as allowing followers, submitting videos, and purchasing of skill content.
- The TopYa! apps are rated “4+” by Apple and for “Everyone” by Google Play.
For more information regarding COPPA please visit their site at ftc.gov.